Lessli brings over 35 years’ experience as a legal practitioner. She specialises in family law, domestic violence and child welfare. She has been a researcher, instructor, lecturer, mentor and examiner in family law. Lessli represents children in the Family Court, the Federal Circuit Court and in the ACT Children’s Court.
In addition to practice in areas of law such as litigation, commercial, criminal and family law, Lessli established Lessli Strong & Associates Law Firm in 2002 before expanding the firm to Strong Law Pty Limited in 2008.
Lessli has always been heavily involved in community work and has had a variety of experience in mentoring, volunteering and committee membership including:
- Vice President and founding member of the Canberra and Region Family Law Professionals Association;
- Member of the advisory panel for the introduction of Working with vulnerable people legislation in ACT;
- Member of the advisory panel for introduction of Sexual and Violent Offences Legislation Amendment legislation in ACT;
- Student mentor and examiner for the Australian National University Legal Workshop;
- Volunteer for the Women’s Legal Service;
- Chair of the previous Children’s Services Committee of the ACT Law Society;
- Member of the Family Law Committee of the ACT Law Society;
- Facilitator for Family Law Committee Seminars to the profession;
- Member of the organising committee for the bi-annual National Family Law Conference held in Canberra;
- Current Chair of the Family Violence and Children’s Committee of the ACT Law Society;
- Current Chair of the Board of the Canberra Rape Crisis Centre.
Lessli is a qualified Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner and has been convening settlement conferences for Legal Aid Commission of the ACT since 2001. She is also an Accredited Specialist and an Arbitrator in family law.
Matthew Strong (Consultant)
With over 20 years’ experience in the legal Industry, Matthew has a wide range of expertise across many of areas including insurance litigation, insolvency and family law, with litigation remaining a constant focus for him throughout his professional career.
Matthew has further developed his professional credibility through an invaluable experience that found him learning Mandarin at a University in China, whilst also working for an organization that specializes in immigration for Chinese nationals.
Matthew successfully expanded the practices of Strong Law before leaving Canberra to practice in the Northern Territory and Victoria. He continues his involvement with Strong Law as a consultant, reflecting on his extensive career to bring a powerful insight and knowledge to the firm.